This delicious and nutritious salad is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. An excellent start to an excellent meal.
- 2 shallots, diced fine
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Ingredients for Salad:
- 24 large asparagus spears, cleaned, poached al dente
- 2 radishes, sliced paper thin
- 3 ounces of ricotta salata cheese*, shaved thin
- 1 bunch of chives, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for the Dressing:
To make the vinaigrette, whisk the shallots, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and a pinch of salt. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil and crème fraîche.
Directions for the Salad:
Put the asparagus in a salad bowl, season with salt and pepper, and dress lightly with the vinaigrette. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with the radish, shaved ricotta salata and chives.
Ricotta salata is a variation of ricotta that has been pressed, salted and dried.