This grilling season, spice up your burger by making Foley Food & Wine Society’s black and blue burger.
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- 8 strips of bacon, sliced in half
- 6 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 4 Brioche buns
- ½ sliced red onion
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 4 tbsp. Aioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Form ground beef into 4 equal patties, and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Over high heat, grill burgers for about 4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is achieved.
- While burgers are cooking, grill bacon for about 2 minutes per side, and toast the buns for about 1 minute.
- Top burgers with 1.5oz blue cheese each, and 4 half strips of bacon.
- To assemble burgers, spread 1 tbsp. of Mustard on the bottom bun. Top with burger, then onion, mixed greens, and top bun.