A little bit of patience goes a long way when cooking these ultra-tender short ribs.
- 1lb beef short ribs
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup cabernet
- 3 cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat, and sear short ribs on all sides until dark brown.
- Combine short ribs, vegetables, wine, bay leaves, and stock in an oven safe dish, cover with tin foil, and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables from the liquid, and strain liquid into a medium saucepan. Reduce on high heat until thick.
- Serve short ribs along side vegetables, with reduced sauce.