Enjoy sweet watermelon with a kick of summer. This is an easy side or appetizer to serve up at your next summer soiree.
- 1 personal-sized watermelon, about 3lbs
- ½ tsp Korean chili flakes, Aleppo chili flakes, or Berber chili flakeS
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat grill on high. Slice watermelon in half lengthwise, then again to cut into quarters. Slice quarters into ¾ inch slices.
- Season watermelon with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Grill watermelon for about 3 minutes per side, until grill marks are achieved.
- To serve, top with crumbled feta, tear basil with hands into large pieces, and garnish.