A show-stopping masterpiece, this prime rib will make your guests think you labored for hours, when you really let the roast do all the work. Juicy, full of flavor and a holiday favorite.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. ground pepper
- Prime Rib
- 1 3-bone, center cut prime rib
- Combine mustard, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread evenly on roast and let stand for 2 hours at room temperature prior to roasting.
- Remove roast from fridge 2 hours before cooking.
- Spread rub evenly on roast and let stand for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place roast bone side down in a roasting pan, and cook in oven for about 3 hours, until internal temperature reaches 115 degrees for rare, or 125 for medium.
- Remove prime rib from oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Once oven is up to temperature, cook prime rib until golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice roast and serve. To slice, remove ribs from the back of the roast and trim excess fat from the cap.