Impress your guests with an extravagant seafood cocktail, with a clever addition of sweet, tangy grapefruit. Rich and delicious, this salad is perfect with a summer steak dinner.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of Maine lobsters cooked and cleaned (removed from shell)
- 1 bunch of chives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 2 boxes of heirloom toybox tomatoes (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
In a mixing bowl, add the chives and Champagne vinegar. Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil to create an infusion dressing, salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/3 of the dressing to the lobster meat, In a separate bowl, add the grapefruit, tomatoes, avocado and scallions. Toss the ingredients with 1/3 of the dressing and place in six martini glasses. Top with lobster and drizzle with remaining dressing.