- 2 large leeks, dark green part removed, split lengthwise, washed well, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 12 prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme minced
- 2 tablespoons of white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of sautéed shiitake mushrooms (sautéed in garlic olive oil and white wine)
- 1 bunch of chives, minced
In a large, heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, cook the leeks in the butter for 8 to 10 minutes or until the leeks are softened but not browned. Cover as they cook, lifting the lid occasionally to stir them. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the broth and the potatoes, then simmer the mixture, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. In a blender, purée the soup with the parsley and cream. Season the soup with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
In a sauté pan on medium high heat, add the olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add prawns and thyme, then sauté for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine and cook till all wine is evaporated, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place approximately 1/4 cup of mushrooms in the center of plate (preferably in a small ring mold). Pour 8 ounces of soup carefully around the mushrooms. Top with the prawns. Drizzle with truffle oil and garnish with chopped chives.