Making pizza at home is a fun shared experience with your closest loved ones. Foley Food & Wine Society’s Chef Alec has an easy recipe to make your dough.
- 2 ½ cups bread flour (AP will work as well)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If using a pizza stone, place it in the oven now. In a large bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add flour, oil, and salt, and knead until smooth. Divide into 2 dough balls, and cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a liberal amount of flour, flatten and shape balls into rounds. Transfer to either a floured pizza peel or a lightly greased cookie sheet, and top as desired.
- Bake pizza for about 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining dough ball.