Once you see how quick and easy it is to make your own amazing hummus, you’ll never want to buy pre-made again. Make sure to serve with plenty of pita chips, vegetables, and, of course, a crisp glass of sauvignon blanc.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 20 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat ½ cup of olive oil and all of the garlic over low heat until the garlic turns golden brown.
- In a food processor, combine garlic with oil, lemon juice and zest, and tahini, and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and ¼ cup of the olive oil, and mix for another 5 minutes until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup olive oil, parsley, and smoked paprika