Serve with a glass of syrah and a smile, this rich and delicious dish is the perfect centerpiece to any meal.
- 1/2 cup wild mushrooms, chopped and sautéed with white wine
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Vella Toma cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 pork tenderloin (1.5 pounds), cleaned
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage
- 12 slices of thin sliced (1/8 inch) pancetta
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup of demi-glace
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a mixing bowl, add the wild mushrooms, parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, Vella Toma cheese and egg mix well.
Clean pork tenderloin, butterfly and pound it thin. Add the stuffing to the center and roll like a cigar. Rub with the meat with the salt, pepper and sage. Wrap tenderloin with pancetta.
In a large sauté pan on high heat, add the oil and butter, brown the tenderloin wrapped with pancetta on all sides and place in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until center cooked to 150 degrees. Remove the pan from oven, remove the tenderloin from the pan and deglaze with pomegranate juice, reduce by half, then add the demi-glace, salt and pepper to taste.
Slice the tenderloin on a bias and serve over the pomegranate sauce with your favorite side dish. I recommend a risotto torte or mashed potatoes.