The Foley Food & Wine Society has created the perfect turkey recipe for your traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups Diamond Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 3 cups chardonnay
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 gallon of ice
- 1 15-20lb turkey
- In a medium sauce pan, bring salt, peppercorns, lemon, sugar, garlic, thyme, chardonnay, and water to boil. Once salt and sugar are dissolved, pour over ice in a large food safe, non reactive container.
- Place turkey in brine, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, up to 12.
- Preheat a smoker or grill to 325 degrees F. Remove turkey from brine, and place on grill breast side up. Cook for about 2 hours, or until a thermometer inserted along the breast bone reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove turkey from grill, and let rest for 1 hour before slicing and serving.