Tender beef and vegetables give life to this classic Irish staple. Make this traditional dish memorable by pairing it with Chalk Hill Estate Pinot Noir.
- 4lb Corned Beef Brisket Flat
- 4 Medium Red Potatoes
- 2 Cups Baby Carrots
- ½ Head Green Cabbage
- 2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tbsp Beef Base
- 2 tbsp Pickling Spice
- Flaky Sea Salt to Finish
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove corned beef from packaging, and rinse under cold water. Place beef in a large Dutch oven, and cover with cold water.
- Bring corned beef to a boil, skimming off any impurities. Boil for about 15 minutes, until all impurities are removed. Add pickling spice, beef base, and wine. Cover with lid, and place in the oven for about 3 hours, until the beef is tender.
- While beef is cooking, cut potatoes into quarters, and cabbage into large chunks, about 1 square inch.
- When beef is tender, remove the Dutch oven from the oven, place on a medium low burner, and remove the beef. Add the potatoes, and bring the heat to a simmer. After 10 minutes, add the carrots. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender, about an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add cabbage and corned beef, and let stand for about 15 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- To serve, slice corned beef, and place on top of veggies. Garnish with flaky salt to finish.