Making pizza at home is a fun shared experience with your closest loved ones. Foley Food & Wine Society’s Chef Alec has a recipe for a twist on the classic sausage pizza.
- 1x Recipe Quick Pizza Dough
- 8oz Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8oz shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 8oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Calabrian chilis in oil, drained with oil reserved
- 4 tbsp. honey
- Zest of 1 orange, about 1 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F. Place pizza stone in oven if using one.
- Prepare dough according to recipe, and stretch into rounds.
- Top each pizza with 4oz tomato sauce, 4oz cheese, 4oz sausage, a sprinkle of fresh orange zest and 1/8 cup of the Calabrian chilis.
- Bake pizza for about 15 minutes, either directly on the pizza stone or on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- While pizza is baking, combine honey with chili oil and orange zest.
- As soon as the pizzas have finished baking, remove from oven, and drizzle generously with honey