Pairing pizza with wine is one of our favorite past times. Foley Food & Wine Society’s Chef Alec has a recipe for an earthy vegetarian wild mushroom & ricotta pizza that pairs perfectly with Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and more.
- 1x Recipe Quick Pizza Dough
- 8oz wild mushrooms, tossed in EVOO
- 8oz shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 8oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup soft ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F. Place pizza stone in oven if using one.
- Prepare dough according to recipe, and stretch into rounds.
- Top each pizza with 4oz tomato sauce, 4oz mozzarella cheese, 8oz mushroom.
- Bake pizza for about 15 minutes, either directly on the pizza stone or on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- As soon as the pizzas have finished baking, remove from oven, and top with soft ricotta cheese.