The perfect combo of spice, zest and crunch. Enjoy with a Foley Family red wine.
- 1 ½ lbs Flank Steak
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- ½ cup olive oil, divided in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to high, and turn your oven to broil.
- Combine flank steak with cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and ¼ cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes, onion, garlic, and jalapeno in the other ½ cup olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer to a foil line baking sheet. Broil until charred, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer charred vegetables to a blender, and add cilantro and lime zest and juice. Blend until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Grill the steak until cooked to desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest for about 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- To serve, warm the tortillas one at a time in a frying pan over high heat for about 15 seconds per side. Top each tortilla with a couple slices of steak and a drizzle of salsa.