Sweet carrots take on a new life with this slow cooked soup, set off by a touch of refreshing ginger and mint infused yogurt.
- 1 lbs Heirloom Carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Sweat onions, garlic, and carrots in pot until onions start to brown, and deglaze with white wine.
- Let wine simmer for 2 minutes, then add 3 cups of vegetable stock to pot. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until carrots are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and add butter and cream. Blend on high until smooth, adjusting consistency with remaining cup of vegetable stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mint, and ginger, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dollop into the middle of a bowl of hot soup.