This sweet and savory summer dish pairs exceptionally well with a chilled glass of rosé.
- 1/2 cup Muscat vinegar
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1- 3 1/2-pound boneless pork loin, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled pitted mango
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled papaya
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh thyme and Italian Parsley
Combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onion, cinnamon stick, lemon juice and peel in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 3 minutes. Add the raisins, mango and papaya. Simmer for 3 minutes add the Muscat vinegar Simmer until fruits are tender and mixture thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Season the pork loin with chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to large roasting pan. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 160°F., about 1 hour 15 minutes. Place pork on platter; reserve pan juices. Tent pork with foil and let stand 20 minutes.
Slice pork; serve with fruit chutney.