A quick and delicious salad in just 10 minutes.
- 8 Large scallops, cleaned, rinsed, and dried
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 navel oranges, cut into segments, juice reserved
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Salt and pepper
- Using a mandoline, shave fennel into a mixing bowl. Combine fennel with orange juice and segments, parsley, chives, and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat until it just starts to smoke. Season scallops to taste, and place in pan. Sear for about 90 seconds per side, until a golden brown crust has formed.
- Served scallops topped with fennel citrus salad.