Enjoy this Strawberry Gazpacho! Perfect for Summer. A modern twist on a classic, this is sure to impress.
- For the Gazpacho
- 1 ½ Pound Strawberries, washed, stem removed
- 1 ½ Cup Rosé
- 1 Cup Basil / Mint Simple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Cabernet Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Barbecue Spice Rub
- 1 Cup Bellwether Farms Crème Fraiche
- For the Basil/Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Rosé
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Each Bay Leaf
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 1 Bunch Basil
For the Gazpacho
Combine all ingredients except crème fraiche into a vita mix blender. Blend until puree is smooth. Chill until ready to use. Portion soup and top with crème fraiche.
For the Basil & Mint Simple Syrup
Combine sugar, rose, water, peppercorns, and bay leaf in a stainless-steel pot. On medium heat simmer until sugar is melted. Turn heat down and let the mixture cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove the heat and add the basil and mint. Let steep for 2 hours. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and reserve. Happy Cooking!!!